Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Air Show

This weekend was the big Air Show here in Sioux Falls. Lots of cools jets & planes, plus the Blue Angels flew! It was a beautiful day, and the little boy in Chris really wanted to go. So we packed up and headed to the airport, all three of us! As soon as we arrived, Brooks needed to eat. I searched for the promised "breastfeeding tent" advertised on the website, but could not find it. So I found myself feeding him in an army medical tent. Guess I can add that to the list of strange places I've nursed the baby. Then we met up with some friends to watch the show.

Some of the jets were ridiculously loud and we discovered that the earplugs we brought for Brooks were far to big. We requested some from the army nurses, but discovered they don't make earplugs for 6 week old babies. Guess we should've looked into that before hand. Oh well. So I ended up putting Brooks in my Moby wrap and whenever jets flew over, I pressed his head into my chest and covered his ears. It worked! He slept through the whole show. Then because the sun was so hot and I didn't want to smear sunscreen in his hair, I held Chris' hat over his head the whole time. Thus, we ended up like this!

All in all we had fun. Besides the diaper blow out and a screaming, hungry baby on the shuttle bus back to the car, we had a good day!

2 comments:

  1. yay for moby wraps and breastfeeding in weird places! how do you like your wrap? i finally used mine for the first time when mariah and i traveled alone to virginia. so much more comfortable and easier to use than our other carrier.
    hope you guys are still doing well. think about your little family a lot, and as always i enjoy the blog updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Moby wrap, and so does Brooks, it's just a bummer it takes so long to put on and get him in it. I also have a sling which is quicker to put on, but can't seem to get a good fit, and after about 10 minutes Brooks starts crying while in it. Maybe I'll give it another shot when he's a bit bigger & can support his own head. We're doing well and enjoying our summer. It's gone too fast. Back to work next week :(

    ReplyDelete