Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Little Things

The last few weeks I've been contemplating what to write on here.  Actually, I've just been waiting for something big to happen so that I could tell you about it.  But in the last two weeks we've taken no big trips, there have been no major milestones, and no big holidays to mention (now that Christmas is over ... even New Years wasn't worth mentioning)  And looking back, it seems that our lives are quite dull.  But I started thinking ... I kinda like it this way.  Too many people we know are so busy and their days are so booked that they hardly have time to sit down.  We work pretty darn hard to keep life simple and uncluttered.  I like spending my evenings at home with my family.  And although it may seem uninteresting to the onlooker, I treasure each moment with my wonderful husband and my handsome little boy.  So here's an ode to all the little things in life...

... to listening to Brooks blow raspberries
... to watching the football game on Sunday afternoon in my sweats (and by watch, I mean sleep through)
... to eating a big breakfast on Saturday mornings
... to watching Brooks beat up on pet the dog and giggle while doing it
... to finally beating my husband in a game of cribbage (only 27 more to go and I'm caught up)
... to singing goofy songs in the kitchen while cooking dinner
... to enjoying a warm bed thanks to our electric blanket
... to washing the dishes and then having the satisfaction of a clean kitchen
... to seeing Brooks splash in the water at bathtime
... to praying with our little boy before bed
... to making it through an entire grocery shopping trip with no fussing or crying (from Brooks, that is)
... to having play dates
... to trying new foods
... to actually having the dog listen when I tell him to do something
... to knowing how cold it is outside and having a warm home to be in
... to reading books about firefighters
... to making a big meal, just for the two of us
... to suprise visits at work from Chris
... to seeing all of Brooks' new teeth when he smiles :o)
... to falling in love with my husband more and more each day
... to spending time with my family whenever I get the chance

So while sometimes I think we should be busier and doing more stuff, I realize that I really like things just the way they are.  What are the simple things in life that you enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment