Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Rain Rain

Look what I woke up to this morning!


And no we don't live on river front property.  This is the north side of our apartment building, next to the marsh.  The grass should go down all the way down to the reeds.  This is the highest I've ever seen the water.


It rained 6 inches last night and it is flooded all over town.  I'm watching the news and roads are washed out, basements are flooded and there's a "no travel" advisory in Lincoln country (that's our county!)  It came all the way up into our parking lot.


Yep, that's my van too.  Looks like we're gonna get wet.  I had plans of taking the boys swimming today .... looks we dont' have to go far for that.  Ha!  It's days like this I'm glad we don't own a house in a flood zone.  (sorry mom and dad)

.........

on another note, Chris and I spent the evening cleaning, organzing and throwing stuff away. We are moving at the end of August (hooray) to a little house in Sioux Falls - in the center part of town.  We've been looking for the last 5/6 months as the quality of neighbors has gone waaaaaay downhill.  I know we're supposed to love our neighbors, but when their cigarette smoke, mixed with their explitive four letter words, comes wafting into our windows every day, it's time to move.  So we're cleaning out stuff.   The less I have to move .... the better!

But for whatever reason, the mess seems to get bigger before it gets smaller.  Funny how that works.  Here's what our office looked like last night .....


Yikes!  I was amazed at all the STUFF we had and what I thought was important to keep.  I mean, who really needs 50 baby themed gift bags and every receipt from every purchase dating back to 2007??  Yeah, we threw A LOT of stuff away!  So by the end of the night, our room looked a little better.


We finally found the floor three hours later - which was at about 10:30pm ..... waaaaay past this mama's bedtime.  Let's just say I slept hard last night.  But I'll be thankful when it comes time to move and the load is that much smaller!!

No comments:

Post a Comment