Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

17 weeks


Well, I'm a few days late but here's the first bump picture for baby #2.  (This kiddo still needs a nickname, so I'm currently taking suggestions)  I had planned to start taking pictures earlier in this pregnancy, since the kiddo "popped" out around 12 weeks or so.  But my bump hasn't changed size since then, convincing me it was more of my "maternal stores" than actual baby.  No one needs to see a bumch of belly fat, so I waited until now to post.  (no need to thank me :)

This pregnancy has been right on track compared to being pregnant with Brooks.  I went through the usual "I'm starving and exhausted" phase for about 6 weeks and now I feel great.  No really, I feel awesome!!  The only difference is that I had to pull out my bella band and maternity clothes sooner with this one.  But to be honest, I'm so busy chasing around a toddler all day that I sometimes forget I'm pregnant. 

We've heard the baby's heartbeat twice now, but I'm still waiting for that first movement.  That's the best part.  Well, until the baby gets so big that he's kicking me in the ribs constantly.  But even that's ok.

Our biggest decision coming up is whether or not to find out if we're having a boy or girl.  We found out with Brooks since I'm a super over-planner.  But this time around I'm leaning toward waiting until the baby's born.  I've always been slightly jealous of those who can wait.  The suprise seems like so much fun!!  And since we don't even have an ultrasound scheduled (and won't unless it's absolutely necessary), we won't be able to find out anyway.  Just feels more natural to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment