Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

You know you're 9 months pregnant when ....

First of all, I just have to say that I LOVE being pregnant.  This is by no means a pity-party, poor pregnant me post.  But at this stage in pregnancy, there are some things that just make me laugh ... or cry ... or just shake my head.  Here's a few of my observations.

You know you're 9 months pregnant when .....
  • Rolling over in bed is something you no longer take for granted.
  • You can locate the nearest restroom from wherever you are standing ... at anytime!
  • You can't trust a sneeze ... ever.
  • People stop looking at you with the "oh, she's so beautiful carrying new life" look. Instead you get the wide-eyed look of panic. As in "Holy cow, she's huge!" or "Dear God, I hope she doesn't have that baby here".
  • You have the baby's routine almost memorized.  Early morning: stretches.  Afternoon: A few good jabs to the bladder.  Evening: hiccups.  Always hiccups.
  • You don't have to have a reason for being tired and/or sweaty. Overall this summer hasn't been bad with the heat, but when everyone else in my house is comfortable, I'm stripping off clothes and sweating like I just came out of a sauna! And going to the zoo for a hour or two in the morning is enough to warrant a nap for the rest of the afternoon.
  • You are now becoming best friends with your chiropractor.  I seriously don't know how pregnant women make it 9 months without chiropractic care.  I would be a laid-up, whining, serisouly in pain mess by now if it weren't for Dr. Marsh.
  • Wearing clothes is totally annoying and no longer a necessity when at home.  Although I'll add that it is handy to have a pair of pants nearby, just in case your neighbor girl decides to knock on your door and return your casserole dish while you're in your non-clothes-wearing mood.  You know, hypothetically speaking.  It could happen.
  • You actually having nothing to wear.  So you wear .... wait for it .... nothing (see previous point).  I'm down to 1 pair of shorts and 1 pair of capris and just a handful of shirts that fit this ever expanding belly.  So to those of you who see me on a regular basis, I apologize for the monotony in my wardrobe.  But these are the days that I'm glad I'm not working where I would feel the need to wear something cute, appropriate & different for work every day.  Now I just sport my one pair of shorts and rotate between the four shirts that fit.  It's functional and that's all that matters!
I'm 37 weeks now, so knowing there's an end in sight makes all of these little pregnancy quirks a bit easier to handle.  But it's really a small price to pay to have the privilege and honor and carrying this new little life.  And even though strangers at the grocery store see my giant belly as a ticking time bomb, I still see it as beautiful and I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment