Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

First Food

Tonight was a big night in our house.  Carter had his first taste of food.  Avocados.  Really, he's been ready for food for quite some time.  Grabbing at our food, opening his mouth wide when we eat something.  So since I was making an avocado dip for our salmon tonight, I figure now would be as good a time as any to start.  I think more than anything, Carter was just happy to be sitting at the table with the rest of us.  Not sure why we didn't put him in his chair sooner - even if just to join the family for supper.  Usually he just hung out in his chair on the floor.
Ah, he's so big.  In my mind he's still just a few months old.  Not SIX months old and eating food already!
can I eat this strap instead??
At first I tried feeding him the mashed avocado with a spoon.  But he grabbed at it and starting flinging it all over the place.  Nope, that won't work.  So I just put a little bit of it on his tray and let him explore.


hmmm, not too bad.
And then, of course, it went everywhere!


Yep, even in his ear. The hair.  His eyes.  I kinda forgot just how messy babies are when they eat.  There was more food on him then in him, but that's ok.  It was fun.  Brooks was laughing hysterically at Carter's mess.  But he really seemed to like the avocado.  I think tomorrow I'll leave it in small bite-sized chunks instead of mashing it so maybe he can pick it up a bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment