Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Saturday Adventures: The Apple Orchard

I have so many blog posts swirling around in my head right now and I need to write about Carter's birthday still, but I wanted to post this before I totally forgot about it.

Saturday morning we all headed down to Country Apple Orchard just south of Sioux Falls.  It's our fifth year going, so I guess it's kind of a tradition.  The apples are terribly overpriced, but we try to tell ourselves that we're paying for the experience, not the fruit.  Then it seems worth it.  We met our friends Eric and Katie and their two kids, Jake and Celia there.  The weather was 65 degrees and sunny - perfect!  Here's a few pictures from the day!
This year Brooks rode the "train" aka wheeled rain barrels pulled by Santa on a riding lawn mower.  Yep, Santa.  He loved it!  Not the Santa part (he doesn't even know who that is) ... the train part.


This has to be the BEST picture of the day.  Brooks asked for some of Jake's ice cream and like any good friend would, he shared :)  It was so cute!  Oh, and the fact that Jake is dressed in a flannel shirt, bibs and a conductor hat?  Hilarious!  It's like country mouse and city mouse!

After the ice cream was finished, we rode the wagon out to the orchard and picked some apples.
"Look how tall I am.  I can reach the apples!"




"Mama!  Look at my apple!"
We stopped for a little snack break.  We had to sample the "fruit" of our labor :)

This kid may only have eight teeth, but he wasn't about to be outdone by the big kids.  And wouldn't you know, he actually got a few bites off that apple.

Tonight I made my first apple pie of the season.  I. love. apple. pie.  Love love love apple pie!  And really all things apple.  I'm so excited for fall baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment