Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

10 years ago

10 years and 3 months ago I started my freshman year at North Central University.  I went on a tour of downtown Minneapolis with the girls on my floor and the boys on our brother floor and met Chris Anderson for the first time ... and the second time ... and the third time.  (I could not remember that boys name.)

Despite my lack of memory for cute Montana boys' names, I developed a nice little crush.  You know the "he always walks this hallway after class so I think I'll just happen to walk down this hallway too" kinda crush.  And over the next three months we spent time talking, "bumping" into each other, getting to know each other.  (ok, it was more like me stalking him and he not freaking out and running in the opposite direction.  Same thing, right?)

10 years and 2 weeks ago he finally gathered the nerve to ask this girl out on a date.  I. was. ecstatic.

10 years and 1 week ago we went on that date.  We actually double dated with Chris' roommate and his girlfriend (now wife).  It was a lovely evening at the orchestra.  He wore a handsome suit.  I wore an entire ensemble of clothing, of which every piece belonged to someone else (gotta love living in the dorms) and according to him, I looked pretty good too.  He was nervous.  I was giddy.  We held hands (gasp).

Exactly 10 years ago to the day, Chris Anderson asked me to be his girlfriend.  I said yes :)

And 10 years, a wedding, 2 college graduations, 7 homes, 4 cities and 2 kids later ..... here we are.

I'm so glad he asked me on that date :)


No comments:

Post a Comment