Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Just like Daddy ... uh, sort of.

This evening Brooks went to the bathroom and like usual, spent a ridiculous amount of time in the bathroom. That boy can procrastinate like no one else - even when it's just washing his hands.  After about 30 minutes (no joke!) I went to check on him, fully expecting to see him naked on the floor playing with bath toys.  (Trust me, this happens often.)  Instead I found this......


And I'm gonna be honest.  In that matter of about a minute, I went through a range of emotions, starting with Anger.  What did you do??  You were supposed to be washing your hands!  Then it turned to Annoyance.  Do you know how wasteful that is?  Then it was slightly amusing. I should get the camera!

That was all when I thought it was soap.

It was not.

That, my friends, is hair product.  Lots and lots of hair product.  From what we gathered (and from what he told us) after washing his hands he found Chris' hair product in the cabinet and decided to "style" his hair.  He wanted to be just like daddy!

And again, I was amused.  Aw, that's sweet.  He wants to be just like his Daddy.  Then I came back to annoyance.  Seriously, you were supposed to be washing your hands.  And do you know how wasteful that is??  And then Chris finished up the emotional stages by being upset.  (My Scandinavian husband is rarely angry, so we're just gonna go with upset)  You see, he was the one given the task of removing all that hair product.

To put this in perspective, when Chris does his hair in the morning, he puts a small amount of this gel in between his fingers and works it through his whole head of hair.  Brooks took several handfuls and smeared it in one spot.  I'm assuming this is a petroleum based product, because even when Chris washes his hair, it takes several days for it to come completely out.  So yeah, this was going to be fun to remove.

First, Chris took a paper towel and wiped off as much as he could with that.  Then he put Brooks in the shower and washed his hair ....... FOUR times!  Then he tried combing out the rest.  And even after all that, there is still so.much.left in his hair.  And it is SO greasy and nasty!
Chris attempted to "style" it.
What you're seeing here is completely towel dried hair.  It's not wet, it's greasy!   Blech!!

Oh, and what does Brooks think of all this?  He looked at his new 'do in the mirror and said "Whoah!  I look COOL!!"  

Fantastic.  At least someone is excited about this.

We did explain to him about 42 times and in 17 different ways that he is NOT allowed to put Daddy's gel in his hair by himself.  If he wants to style his hair, he NEEDS to ask Daddy for help.

So, we will wash it again the in the morning in hopes of getting more out before church tomorrow.  (Ahhh, church!)  But as annoyed as I am about it, I guess I'm just thankful he didn't find the hair clippers and attempt to give himself a hair cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment