Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

In time-out together (to the tune of "So happy together")

Carter is starting this naughty little habit of hitting when he's upset.  He'll hit the couch, toys, books and yes, Brooks too.  We've explained to him several times that he needs to have "nice touches" and "do not hit".  He understands.  I know he does.  He's smart.  But he's still learning to control his toddler-sized temper.  We're working on it.

Earlier today, Carter was upset about not being able to play with a toy Brooks was playing with.  So Carter smacked him right on the head.  I firmly said "Carter, NO."  And I put him in the time-out chair (aka the recliner)  He cried and cried.  But before I even had a chance to sit and talk with him, Brooks goes over to Carter and asks me, "Can I sit with Carter in time-out?"

Um, ok.  So there they sat.  Both of them.  In time-out.  Happy.  Hmmm.....
these smiles were NOT prompted
I had Carter say sorry and give Brooks a kiss, but it hardly seemed necessary.  Looks like all had been forgiven.  Then Brooks grabbed a book and "read" a story to Carter.
 Well, um, time-out's over I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment