Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Letter to my Dad

Dear Dad,
Today I just want to say thank you.

Thank you for letting me play with the bait at your tackle shop and doing my hair with rubber bands and fishing spoons.

Thanks for coming to all my band concerts and dance recitals, even though I know you didn't really want to go.  It meant a lot that you came.

When you worked out of town, thanks for calling and playing "our song" over the phone for me.

Thanks for being silly and dancing around the kitchen table with me.

Thank you for teaching me to be an attentive driver.  For teaching me how to brake "gently" and to not cut through parking lots like a "Wisconsin driver".  Thanks for teaching me how to use jumper cables, check the oil in the car and change a flat tire.

Thanks for teaching me how to build a campfire, the difference between oak and pine logs, and the proper way to belch (sorry mom).

Thanks for encouraging me to get a good education, get smart and get a good job.  That's worked out well for me.

Thanks for teaching me to stand up for myself and others, even if no one else will.

Thank you for demonstrating generosity and giving to those who need it.  You've always been willing to 'help a guy out'.

Thanks for not totally freaking out when I told you I was getting married at 20 years old.

Thank you for welcoming Chris into our family.  Thanks for taking him fishing and hunting and for stuffing the ducks and pheasant.

Thank you for being a wonderful Papa to our two boys!  They adore you just as much I do.

Thanks for loving me dad.  Forever and always.  Happy Fathers Day.

Love,
Bug


No comments:

Post a Comment