Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Growing ....

Yep, it's true.  Our family is growing.  And, consequently, so is my belly!  Quite rapidly I might add.  We're all so excited as we prepare and await for Baby #3 to arrive sometime in January.  This baby is what we'd like to call a "planned surprise" ... or something like that.  Back this winter/spring we knew that we were wanting to grow our family.  We made some plans, set a timeline for when we would get pregnant (bahahaha ... are you laughing yet?  Because I am!) and (surprise!!) none of it came to pass.  So the positive pregnancy test came a little sooner than we had "planned" but we're still so happy!

And to answer your questions ....

... I'm feeling great!  I was really tired & starving the first trimester, but not sick.  And now that my energy has returned and my appetite has subsided some, I'm feeling pretty much back to normal.  Whatever that means.
... we're due the middle of January.
... no, we don't know what we're having and no, we're not going to find out.  No ultrasound = no gender reveal.
... we've nicknamed the baby "Poppy".
... yes, I'm really only 16 weeks pregnant, even though I look much bigger than that.  (ok, no one's really asked that question, but I know some are thinking it)  When pregnant with Brooks, I wore my pre-pregnancy jeans until 16 weeks.  With Carter, I fit in them until 10 weeks.  Baby #3?  6 weeks.  Six whole weeks before having to break out the stretchy pants.
... yes, we would like a girl and no, we won't be disappointed if we have a boy.  We're looking forward to the surprise and will obviously be happy either way.
... Brooks wants a girl.  He's made that very clear.  His reasoning?  "Well, I already have a baby brother.  Now I need a baby sister."
... We're still seeing a midwife with this pregnancy, but not the one we saw with the boys.  We hired a homebirth midwife.  Because we're having a homebirth!  And we couldn't be more excited about it!!! I'll tell you more about that later.

All in all, things are going really well.  I love being pregnant and I'm looking forward to when I can start feeling baby move around!

No comments:

Post a Comment