Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tumbled

If you remember this post, then you'll remember that my child is already ALL boy and has no fear of ... well ... anything!  So on Sunday while he was sitting in his rocking chair, he reached forward for his dropped toy on the floor.  I convinced myself that the stoppers on the rails would hold him up, but of course as soon as I turned my back, he gained enough momentum and tipped that blue chair right over.  He landed face down on the linoleum floor and the chair fell on top of him (remember he's strapped to it).  I rush over and flip him back upright and he had this shocked look on his face.  Then he ... wait for it ... 3, 2, 1 ... CRIED!  And cried, and cried, and cried.  I held him.  He cried.  I rocked him.  He cried.  Then he laid his head on my chest and just cried.  Awww.  (Ok, I know I should be sad that he bumped his head, but I really enjoyed that snuggle time with him ... he's not a good snuggler at all!)  And after a few moments, the crying turned to whimpers, the whimpers turned to sighs and eventually he was good again.  That's right baby.  I am Mom and I can solve all your problems (at least for now)!

And I know we will have MANY more adventures and bumps and scrapes and probably a few stitches along the way.  But this was the first.  A big day for him ... and me.  I was kinda waiting for the cool bruise to appear so he could show it off at daycare.  But (sigh) no bruise.  I guess that's good.

So we've put that blue chair away.  At least until he's a little older to use it as a toddler chair, when he hopefully won't fall face first out of it!  Yep, I love having a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment