Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

boys and summer

Tonight we went to watch Chris play his first league kickball game - it wasn't the first game of the season, just the first for him.  The game was supposed to go until 8:15, so I planned ahead.  I fed the boy, bathed the boy and outfitted him in fresh pajamas.  That way he could go right to bed when we got home.

Well, that didn't go so well.  Here's why ...


About two seconds after we arrived he looked like this.  So much for those clean pj's huh?  And of course he had to taste it too ....


So much for that bath.  (sigh)  Oh well.  I should have known better.  It's not like this is the first time he's done this. 




Boys are drawn to dirt like bugs are to the light.  It's just a force of nature I guess.  But that's what's great about boys in the summer!!  And like any mama with boys, I just brushed him off, wiped him down and put him to bed ... dirty pj's and all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment