Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

In a Nutshell

The weather at the beginning of the month was sooo beautiful.  We spent more days than I thought playing outside (remember, it's November)


This would be Brooks ... eating a rock.

And Charlie eating a rock.

Speaking of Charlie ......

He's a mounted moose!! (insert laughter here)  Our friends Brent & Laura looooooove Charlie and bought this hilarious get-up on a post-halloween sale.  He hated it.  We loved it :)

Ok, back to the nice weather.  We recently received a sandbox for the backyard for free. Yep, FREE!  And lemme tell ya, it's a big hit!


A little sand down the shirt never hurt, right?

November 3rd was my Mom's birthday and Brooks sent her this lovely little picture greeting. 
Amazingly enough, this was the first picture I took.  I realized it turned out so well because 1) My son loves the camera and 2) he had no idea that that piece of paper was even there.  Because as soon as he discovered it, he did this ....
Yeah, that's more like it.

Can you guess the story behind this picture??
I was tired of Brooks dismantling my purse and strewing all the contents of my wallet across the living room so Chris did this for me.  I guess that solves the problem.  Too bad I'm too short to reach it.

Oh and we can't forget Brook's favorite part of the day .... bath time.  Dad has fun during bath time too.  You can see why.

One evening I was giving Brooks his bath while Chris did the dishes and Brooks looked at me and signed "Dad", then followed by the expression that said "You're no fun.  Where's Dad?"  I guess I know my place in the world.

Early Tuesday morning our good friends Ben & Carol Hayzlett welcomed their first baby, Hannah Lily.  I was nervous wreck all Monday night knowing she was in labor and praying like crazy.  But mom and baby are healthy and I made not one, but two trips to the hospital to see them.  I was just so happy for them (and I loved holding that baby :)

Other than that we've been going to story time, the library, the community center and of course, reading lots of books.


So that's November in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment