Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

jabber box

Brooks has been so talkative lately.  Well, I suppose I should clarify.  Although he's starting to actually "verbalize" some words, he uses a lot of sign language still.  But to me that's just as good as talking!  And to show off how brilliantly smart my son is (I'm biased, I know. That's my job!) I've jotted down all his "communications". (more for my record than anything else)

Signing:
More

Daddy

Eat

Sleep

Penguin
(he made this sign up himself.  See? Brilliant!!)

He also knows .....
Please
Puppy
All done
Bath
Mommy
Pray
Fishy
Brush Teeth
Work (as in "Daddy's at work")
Thank you

Verbal Words (and what they mean :)
Da da (of course)
mamamamamamamamamamama (usually said when crying or distressed .... lucky me)
shoe (says it clear as a bell)
baw (ball)
ah-yah (all done)
mah (more)
mow mow (kitty)
sah (sock)
Co (Cole)
na (snack)
too tee (touchie - aka pacifier)
eeeeeeeee (please)
amah (amen)

He also sings Old McDonald with us filling in the animal noises for cow, kitty, puppy, duck, snake, sheep, lion and monkey.  (That's right, this Old McDonald's farm has lions and monkeys!)  And to top off my bragging session, he can effectively point to his nose, ears, mouth, eyes, bellybutton and feet.  And he will gladly show you where yours are too (we've had little fingers shoved in our eyes, ears and up our noses many times)  Yeah, I'm one proud mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment