Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"All Done"

We've been trying to teach Brooks sign language over the past few months, mostly when he's eating.  We've showed him "Eat", "More", and "All Done".  We'll also sign "Daddy" when Chris walks in the room.  He's a smart little guy and I know he understands what I'm saying, but he hasn't really signed anything back to us ...

... until today!  This morning while feeding him pears and oatmeal for breakfast (yum) he started to refuse the spoon.  He'd turn his head and close his mouth.  (He had already eaten quite a bit, so he probably was full).  But I'm stubborn and persistent and kept offering it to him.  Then he held out his right hand and flipped it over two times, the sign for "all done"!!  I was so giddy I almost fogot what he was saying.  Then I said, ok we can be done.  I put away the bowl and spoon, cleaned him up and he was a happy guy.  He's so smart.  This gives me new encouragement for teaching him new signs now.  He totally gets it!

No comments:

Post a Comment