Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

creative cat

I had this odd realization the other day ... I used to be more creative.  I know that's a hard thing to measure, but I'm sure that I was.  In high school I crafted hand-made birthday cards, designed my own t-shirts, and choreographed my own dance routines.  In college I created costumes for classes (and for fun), organized and implemented big birthday celebrations and suprised Chris at work with all sorts of homemade stuff.  And whether it started to diminish when I started my first "real" job or when I got married or when I became a mother, I know I am not nearly as creative as I used to be.  Perhaps I'm just too busy to create things ... which is sad and not the way I want to live life.

So the other day when Chris was looking for something to do (and in an attempt to resurrect my creativity) I said "Let's bake a cake".  Yep, a cake.  I don't remember the last time I decorated a cake, but we both worked together on this one for the Superbowl party we hosted last night.  I think it turned out pretty great.  And it tasted good too. 


Chris set up the 3-4 defense. Quite clever if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment