Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

croup de croup

By the grace of God (and by him alone) I can count on one hand the number of times my little boy has been sick. And even when he's sick it's a low grade fever or an annoying cough, but never anything serious.  And so the story goes today.  This week my little fella came down with croup.  Well, I think it's croup because I never took him to the doctor; but instead played "all knowing" doctor myself with a little help from webMD.  Yep all the symptoms are there.  A bark-like cough, wheezy breaths, and a low grade fever.  The kiddo has croup.  Bummer.  So we've laid low and taken it easy, just like we're supposed to.  There's a humidifier in his room and last night I rubbed Vicks on his feet (because all my experienced mom friends said that's the thing to do)  And it makes me said to hear him cry or even to hear him laugh because both sound the same with his raspy, wheezy voice.  Poor guy.  And yesterday we laid in the recliner downstairs, put in a girly movie Chris would never watch and we snuggled!  Yep, he laid his head on my chest for an hour (a whole hour!!) and snuggled.  And as much as it pains me to see him sick, I'm reassured knowing this thing will be gone in a few days and he'll be back to himself again, ripping the toilet paper off the roll and flinging dirt onto the floor from my house plants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment