Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ah Fall

I love fall.  Have I mentioned that before??  Because I do.  I live for the cooler weather and changning leaves and apple cider and picking apples and carving pumpkins.  Because before you know it the sharp bitter winds of winter will rear their ugly head and we will all have to hunker down like hibernating mama bears till the spring thaw comes.  So on this beautiful day, Cole and I decided to rake the leaves for the sole purpose of jumping in them.  (B was taking his nap, but don't worry, he gets in on the action later)




It's hard work, as you can see.  But our labor was not in vain.  Because once our little pile was in place it was ready for .....


JUMPING!!!!


Oh what fun!  Then Jeff and Drew showed up.  And Drew in all his articulate-ness asked "Do you think that I may jump into that leaf pile?"  Umm, YES!  So he did.




Cole captured it right there.  That's what fall is about, baby!  Speaking of which, Brooks finally woke up from his nap so we brought him outside to enjoy the beauty of the day.  I sat him next to the pile, just waiting for him to dive right in!


And he crawled away.


So I put him IN the pile (and caught a sneeze too :) 


And he crawled OUT.


And all the way ...


.... back ...


... to the house.


Bummer.  I guess our first leaf jumping experience wasn't as successful as I had hoped.  But to give him credit, they were pretty dry and scratchy.  Oh well.  This may have been the first, but will certainly not be the last time we jump in leaves.  I love fall!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment