Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Mommy's helper .... in reverse

Brooks LOVES to help around the house.  He recently discovered garbage cans and has taken to throwing things away ... whether they need to be thrown away or not.  We now have to do a regular search through the garbages (pleasant, right??) before we take them out.  Who knows what treasures are hiding in them.  He's at the stage where he mimicks everything we do, because that's how he learns.  But sometimes he gets it a little backwards.  For instance ....
  • while I am constantly trying to move shoes from the front door back into the closet, I find him pulling every shoe from the closet and putting it by the front door.
  • He pulls my clean tupperwear out of the drawer and puts them in the sink.  'Cause, ya know, that's where the dishes go.
  • He takes the sheets and blankets from his dirty clothes basket and puts them back in his crib.  Or tries anyway.
  • He takes the clean, folded laundry and puts it in the dirty laundry basket.
He's a busy busy little boy and I love him.  I love his ambition and his desire to "help".  He's just doing what he sees :)  And I love watching him grow, learn, imitate.  I can't help but laugh when I watch him tackle the household chores with me ... in reverse.

No comments:

Post a Comment