Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

A New Bump

Well it's official.  Our second little blessing is in the process of growing growing growing inside my tummy right now. (well, "uterus" if you want to be specific, but for the sake of *trying* to explain it to a 18 month old, we'll stick with "tummy") 

Tuesday, December 21st was the day of the positive pregnancy test.  I was thrilled!!!  We'd been trying for a few months and after many disappointing negative tests, I was plesantly suprised by this one.  But now what do I do?  How do I tell Chris?  "oh hey, but the way.  We're pregnant".  Didn't really seem to cut it.  So I made a plan.

The next day I was planning on dropping of Charlie (the dog) to my good friend Edith Ellen's house while we were away for Christmas.  But then I also asked if she'd be willing to watch Brooks for a few hours while Chris and I went out.  And because she's like my second mom (therefore Brooks' extra Grandma) she was delighted.  Perfect.  So on Wednesday, after nap and snack I brought both the dog and the boy over to Grandma Gale's house.  I didn't leave the Gale's until a little after 5pm, so Chris arrived home before I did.  But it was ok.  He knew I was dropping off the dog so the suprise was still intact.  Hehehehehe.

Oh and I have mentioned that I had been aware of this new baby for over 24 hours and the suspense was killilng me!!  But I remained calm.  When I got home Chris (obviously) asked "Where's Brooks"?  I kept a straight face (mostly) and said "Grab your coat, let's go".  Oooooh, and my husband loves suprises so this was GREAT!!

From there we went to Olive Garden for dinner.  We made casual conversation about life and Brooks and Christmas and stuff.  Then right before our food arrived I asked if he wanted to see a picture.  I always have lovely little pics of our sweet boy on my phone from throughout the day.  When he said yes (what was he going to say ... no?), I slid my phone across the table with the picture of a very obvious positive pregnancy test showing on the screen. 

He looked at me.  I grinned.  He looked at the picture.  I giggled.  He looked at me again, this time he was grinning .... ear to ear folks.  "Really???"  "Really", I said.  "We're having a baby".  Oh and the moments from there were wonderful.  We smiled and giggled.  Then he hugged me.  Our family was growing!  And we couldn't be happier!!!!  We spent the rest of the evening talking about the future and the new baby and the little boy we're already blessed with (because it just doesn't seem like I can call him my baby anymore).  Then after dinner we drove to Falls Park and walked through the wonderland of Christmas lights.  It was fantastic.  It was quiet.  And suprisingly warm for December.  I love evenings where Chris and I can just stroll and talk and enjoy each other's company.  It's one of my favorite things in the whole world.  Except this time it wasn't just us.  This time, we were accompanied by our new little bump :)  And life is good.  So so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment