Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

30 weeks


Sorry I'm a few days late in writing this week's post. The weekend just slipped right by. I went to a water class on Saturday morning and then to church for the daycare work day. Chris joined me after Men's Breakfast. We relaxed some in the afternoon and hunkered down as we watched the biggest snow storm of the year hit Sioux Falls. We even lost power for a while (during the NCAA final four games of course). Fortunately, it was still light enough out that we weren't totally dependant on candle light.

Sunday and Monday were just as busy with church, spending time with friends, a kids ministry network meeting, a toddler meeting, grocery shopping ... this is the first chance I've had to sit down for quite some time.

This morning marked the end of my 2 1/2 year run at Caribou Coffee. I worked there full time before moving to SF, and have worked 1 shift a week since coming here. I love the people I work with and love making coffee. I really enjoyed getting outside the church walls and meeting new people. But now that I'm well into my third trimester, it just became too hard to be lifting, bending, cleaning, standing, etc. for 5 hours. So this morning was my last shift. It was sad and I will miss working there. But seeing as I'm a full Caribou addict, I certainly will be visiting quite often (just without my 30% discount ... bummer).

The only exciting baby news is that we started our prenatal birthing classes tonight. We're taking the Bradley classes, which deals with relaxation techniques, eliminating unnecessary stress and preparing to birth your child naturally. I believe that God made my body to birth children and the more prepared I/we can be to do that the better. The Bradley method emphasizes the husband's role in labor and delivery as well. So Chris also has some learning to do over the next 10 weeks. Overall, it was a really good class. Our instructor is very bubbly and slightly dramatic, which makes the evening much more entertaining. I'm looking forward to next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment