Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

31 weeks


Well, we're down to single digits now. Only 9 weeks left until baby arrives (give or take a few days). It seems so close and yet so far away at the same time. We're getting anxious to meet our little guy. And it seems the bigger I get, the clumsier I become. I drop stuff all the time. The bummer part is that it's also increasingly more difficult to reach things down low. For instance, this morning I found myself on all fours trying to reach something on the bottom shelf of the fridge. The bend and reach doesn't work anymore. Oh well. I still love being pregnant.

I've also noticed the baby's movements have changed. He used to kick with quick little jabs and punches. Now that he's running out of room, the movements are a lot slower. It seems like he's just stretching and reaching more. There are random little body parts sticking out all over the place ... feet, hands, butt, elbows ... who knows what. He makes me laugh. It's amazing to feel him wiggle and move around. Chris loves it too.

On a non-baby note, we had a great Easter weekend. At church, the kids did a huge egg hunt during the service. Almost 1000 eggs were hidden throughout the campus. A little crazy, but lots of fun. Then we had some friends over for a big lunch. We made wild turkey, which was a nice change from the traditional ham and then relaxed for the afternoon.
Today I'm enjoying a quiet day off before another week of crazy begins. Open houses are scheduled for the daycare next week and all the toys & equipment need to be moved and arranged in the next few days. Then next Sunday all our early childhood classes are moving to their new rooms in the daycare wing. Whew! It will be a busy week, but it's going to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment