Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

33 Weeks


What a great weekend. My parents came in town on Friday evening to spend a few days with us. We played cribbage, watched movies, ate good food and just enjoyed being together. It was really great to see them.

On Saturday, the ladies at church threw me a baby shower. It was wonderful and we were so blessed. I'm really glad my mom was here to share that with me. I think our little boy will be the best looking kid in town with all the cute outfits we received. Then afterward, mom and I washed all the clothes and started to organize the nursery. It's starting to look more put together and I actually enjoy spending time in there. It's not finished yet, but I feel good about the progress we made. We have all the furniture we need except a crib, which I'm anxious to buy since we received the cutest bedding at the shower. I can't wait to set it all up.

As Chris and I are going through our prenatal class, we're starting to think more about the labor and delivery of this little boy. We're sifting through all of our options and trying to put together a birth plan. There is so much to having a baby! I never would have guessed. All I can say is that I'm so glad for our team of midwives at the hospital. (I say "team" because my particular midwife is due with a baby in just a few weeks, and most likely will not be around for the birth of ours. So we're seeing the other two ladies she practices with as well.) They all have very similar beliefs and philosophies as us so I know we won't have to fight for many things. That reduces a lot of stress right there. Each day I grow more and more anxious to meet our precious baby boy. I can't wait to meet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment