Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2009

32 weeks


Well, I definitely starting feeling the joys of the 3rd trimester this week. For about 3 days straight, the baby took up residence in my ribs. Every way I sat at my desk was uncomfortable with little (or perhaps not so little) feet jabbed up in my ribs all day long. (sigh) He's getting so much bigger and running out of room. It may be an interesting 8 weeks to come.

I also discovered today that the small rhythmic movements I've been feeling in my tummy is the baby with hiccups. I guess I never thought about it, but I just read that lots of baby's have hiccups. And here I thought he had a future as a drummer, with that steady rhythm and all.

This weekend I'm hoping to get the baby's room a little more set up. The last several weeks have been consumed by getting the daycare ready at church, so the room organizing has been put on hold. But seeing as that project is mostly completed, we'll have more time to devote to getting ready for Baby Anderson. (still no name decided)

This afternoon I visited a family from our church who just had a baby boy on Friday. That's one of my favorite things of being a pastor. He was so tiny and wonderful. When I picked him up to hold him, he started to fuss, but then I found my "mom sway" and he was content and went back to sleep. I think I'm going to be ok as a mom. (on a side note: While visiting this family I was able to see the birthing wing at the hospital where our little guy will be born and it's beautiful!! I'm really glad we chose Avera.)

No comments:

Post a Comment