Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

39 Weeks


Ok, so I think we're all set and ready to go. The baby's room is complete. The car seats are installed. All the paperwork for the hospital is collected. Bag is packed (mostly). Work things are wrapped up. Now we just need baby to come.

On Friday I realized just how glad I am that this baby is coming at the beginning of summer instead of at the end. When I got home I noticed that my feet had swelled up like balloons; puffy sausage toes and all. Wonderful. I've always really liked my feet and even when I felt unattractive in every other way, I knew my feet were still cute. Well, not anymore. Looks like the baby gets to take over that part of my body too. I guess I shouldn't complain since I've gone 39 weeks without any swelling, but it was a hard thing to accept. So Saturday I went to the gym and spent over an hour in the pool, hoping that would reduce the swelling. It did some, and now today it's cooler outside so they're almost back to normal.

Last Monday we toured the hospital birthing unit. I love it! I had seen certain areas of it before while visiting friends, but seeing the whole place made me really glad (once again) we chose Avera. The labor and delivery rooms are huge and very homey. And on the postpartum floor there's a private cafe for mom and dad and a spa where I will receive a complimentary massage. I'm looking forward to that! Plus there's a "dad den" with a large screen TV and leather recliners. Although I'm sure Chris will be spending most of his time with his new son. We're both so excited for him to arrive!

Today at church, a friend's 4 year old son came to me and said he couldn't wait to play with our little baby and that they were going to play 'rattle tag'. Then he 'pet' the baby :o) It's so fun seeing other people get excited about his arrival too. I know he will be well loved. But for now, we just wait for him to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment