Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

40 Weeks


Well, the due date has come and gone and no baby. I can't say that I'm surprised, just a little disappointed. We knew all along that he'd be late, but it's a bit tough to see that date on the calendar I've been telling people for 9 months now just slip on by. But, good things come to those who wait, right? He'll come when the time is right.

Saturday I had quite a few contractions, more than I ever had before, so I thought he would come then. But when we went to bed that night the activity slowed way down. Sunday was pretty quiet. At least from what I could tell. Most of the contractions I have I don't even feel or notice, so it's hard to tell when I'm having them. And the one's I do notice, don't hurt. It's just a really strong tightening in my tummy. Hopefully more will come with some consistency.

This morning we had an ultrasound. Couldn't really see much of the baby because he's so squished in there, but he's definitely head down and in position for birth. That was good news. They really just wanted to check the amniotic fluid level and that looks good too. Then we saw our midwife after that. They put the external fetal monitor on for about 30 minutes to listen to baby. His heartbeat is as strong as ever and he even held up during a few contractions. I'm already so proud of him! I also discovered that I'm dilated to about 2cm and effacing quite nicely. My midwife seemed really pleased. With some work on our end and a few prayers, we should have a baby by the end of the week. We can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment