Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

All Done

It's usually a phrase we use when Brooks has finished eating, or taking a bath, or when a diaper change is complete.  But today, "all done" is for me.  I'm all done working full-time.  I'm all done paying for daycare.  I'm all done working around someone else's schedule.  Today begins my new adventure as a full time mom!  I'm excited and a touch nervous too.  I'm not sure why.  Perhaps I'm afraid I won't know what to do with myself (and a 10 month old) all day long.  And of course I'm nervous about making the budget work.  But we've never gone without in the past and I know my God is just as faithful to us now as he was then.  I'm excited to invest my time and energy into my son and my family.  I'm excited to know that I am the one teaching Brooks about the things of God.  I'm excited to go swimming this summer!

Please don't misunderstand me.  My job was great.  Brooks' daycare was wonderful.  But being a full time mom is a calling that I can no longer ignore!  So although one chapter of my life is "all done", the new one is just beginning and I can't wait!!


Brooks' last day at daycare.  These wonderful ladies took such good care of him for the last 8 months!  Thanks for everything!!  (And Brooks was obviously more interested in whatever was going on on the floor than looking at the camera :)

No comments:

Post a Comment