Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

clothes and more clothes!!!

On Saturday I pulled out all of Brooks' 12-18 month clothes.  Everything we had was generously handed down to us from friends and family ... and most of it was given to us before he was born.  So I decided to sort through things (b/c after 9 months I completely forgot what was in those boxes), see what we had, and see what I still needed to buy.

First I started by pulling out all of his clothes that were too small ...


Umm, that's a lot of clothes (and please don't look at the big ol' diaper pail in the middle of them).  Then I re-organized the clothes that still fit.


I found stuff tucked away in drawers that he could have been wearing even now that I totally forgot about.  Oops.  Next I washed and folded all his summer clothes.  And then it hit me.  This kid has SO MANY CLOTHES!!! 

There was this drawer with shorts, t-shirts, a few long sleeve shirts, one piece shorts outfits, pajamas, and swim shorts (he has FIVE pairs of swim trunks)


Then there was this pile of hang-up shirts (church clothes), jackets and bibs.


And don't forget this pile.  These are his jeans and other long pants as well as several pairs of shoes.  Most of the shoes won't fit him until the fall.  But that will work out great, since he'll hopefully be walking by then.


So, I think we're pretty set for the summer.  Guess I won't have to do any shopping after all.  And unless I change Brook's outfit four times a day, I don't think he'll even get to wear all these clothes!  So I may be looking to give some of them away if anyone is interested.  All I can say is we have been SO blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment