Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Week 1 - done

Well, I've survived my first week as a full time mom.  (p.s. I've stopped saying "stay at home mom" because far too many people asked me with all seriousness "won't you be bored staying at home all day?"  sheesh.  I do leave the house ya know.  Anyway, I've switched to saying "full time mom".  Sounds nicer I think)  Anyway, it took a little more adjusting than I first realized.  I suppose it's like starting any new job ... you have to learn the ropes.  Brooks adjusted better than I thought.  He had a few sad moments, but other than that I think he's gonna love being home with mommy.  I love being with him.  And I love being active all day instead of sitting in an office chair.  Here's a few things we did this week.

...went to district lunch  (mmm, Famous Dave's)
...went for a walk
...grocery shopping
...laundry
...cleaned floors, bathroom and dishes (multiple times)
...trip to Hobby Lobby
...had lunch with Daddy
...visited Grandma Gale (while mom went to doctor)
...shopped at Once Upon a Child - bought new pajamas and toys!
...did some reading
...took Charlie to dog park
...played with friend Oliver at the dog park
...suprised Dad at work with a Cherry Limeade
...played with new toys
...story time at the Library
...went to doctor again - Brooks came along this time

I'd say it was a pretty productive week.  And I can't even remember everything we did.  Here's a picture I have to share from the week.  Brooks has been ALL ABOUT eating table foods these days.  He really prefers it over baby food - he's becoming so independent!  So we've been giving him what we have for supper to see what he'll eat and what he won't.  Well, so far, he'll eat anything.  Wednesday night we had lasagna.  And you can imagine how that went. 


Yep .... a mess!!!  Good thing it was a bath night!  It took a lot of scrubbin' to get all that tomato sauce out.  But he sure seemed to like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment