Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

homemade cinnamon rolls

This morning I made homemade (yes, from scratch) cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  Actually the process began last night.  I knew it was going to take a while to let the dough rise (over an hour), roll it out, spoon on the filling, roll up, cut into 1" slices and arrange.  Then I put them in the fridge overnight and in the morning took them out to rise once more and then bake.  The result??  These wonderfully delicous, homemade sweet rolls!

They were topped with a yummy buttery frosting .... soooo good!  The recipe made about 18 rolls (there was another pan!), so I will probably end up freezing some of them (unless Chris gets to them first ... which is ok too:)  The best part about these rolls (besides being super tasty) is that they were really cheap to make and better for you than the store bought kind with all the preservatives and extra sugar. 


In an effort to save money, I'm venturing into making more food from scratch.  It's much cheaper, easier than you would think, and like I said before, much healthier.  So far I have recipes for Bisquick, breads, granola bars, cream of mushroom soup (who knew you could make that??), chocolate syrup and more!  I'll post more about our money saving tips as they come up.  It's kind of a process and a bit more work, but its worth it because it saves us money which allows me to stay home with Brooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment