Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

A Birthday Celebration - part 2

Brooks' birthday was on Wednesday, June 16th.  But because it was in the middle of the week, we decided to have his party the following weekend.  And boy did we party :)

We decided to do a puppy themed party since Brooks loves Charlie so much.  So I made him a puppy dog cake!  This is how it started .....


Here's the finished product ......


Chris said my inner "cake boss" came out.  haha.  I don't think it's that good, but it turned out pretty cute!  We reserved a shelter at a local park here in Sioux Falls for his party.  Lots of friends and even family were able to make it!  Chris' brother JD and his wife Pamela drove from the cities for the weekend to visit & celebrate with us.  We are so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives. 

(Note: the following pictures were taken by my wonderful and very talented sister in law Pamela.)

There were balloons ....



and party hats....




and presents ....



and of course cake!!! 

At first he wasn't so sure about it.


But with a little help from dad ...


he discovered that he LOVED it!


And boy did he EAT!


This kiddo loves cake!


Yep, you see correctly.  He ate almost the WHOLE thing.  And beleive it or not, he didn't get sick.  My kid  can eat like a horse.  Why he's so skinny is still beyond me!  It's hard to believe that my baby is one year old.  It has gone so fast.  And although sometimes I'm sad that he's growing up, it makes me happy too.  He is learning, and discovering and maturing each day.  And it's fun to see the world through his eyes .... big and wonderful and full of new suprises! Happy Birthday Little Bird .... I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment