Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Breakfast Muffins

So I've given this new muffin recipe a few test spins and I think it's a keeper.  It's a pretty basic muffin recipe and the best part is that you can add ANY fresh fruit you have.  The first time I made it all I had was apples, so I made apple muffins.  And they were great!!  Then I made them with blueberries.  And today I got really creative and made ........... wait for it ............ apple blueberry muffins.  Ok, that's not creative at all, but they were really good.  So here's the recipe - hopefully they'll make their way into your kitchen for breakfast.


1  3/4 c. flour
1/3 c. sugar
1  1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c. milk
1 egg
1/3 c. butter, melted
1/4 c. applesauce
1 c. fresh fruit

In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.  Add milk, egg, butter & applesauce; mix until ingredients are moistened - Do not overbeat.   Stir in fresh fruit.  Spoon batter in 12 greased muffin cups (or use paper liners - my preference)  Bake at 400 for 20 min or until muffin tops spring back when touched.

The original recipe did not call for applesauce, but they were a touch too dry for me.  So I added just a little all natural unsweetened applesauce and they turned out perfect!!  Happy baking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment