Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Haircut and Garage Sales

I realized today that of all the haircuts Brooks has recieved (which is 6 by the way) I've never taken a before and after picture.  Well, no more.  This week is Brooks' first birthday so he needed a new 'do' for his party next weekend.  Dad was an awesome help and kept him distracted while I clipped away.

So here's the before ......



And the after ........


He was not at all interested in smiling - so this was the best picture I could get.  Isn't he handsome though????  He always looks so grown up after a haircut.  Here's an interesting fact.  We've cut Brooks' hair 6 times since he's been born, taking over 1/2" off each time.  Had we never cut it, it would be at least 3" longer and well past his shoulders.  Let's just hope if we have any girls that they are blessed with the same abundance of hair!


This weekend was also the Tea city rummage sale.  I've never been much of a 'rummager' before but I've really gotten into it this year.  Today we found some GREAT deals.  I bought a bunch of 18 & 24 month clothes for Brooks!  Here's the take from the day .....


3 pairs of pants, 6 shirts/onesies and two - yes TWO - Viking jerseys. One is size 12 months (for this year's football season) and the other is 3T (for future seasons).  Chris was so torn as to which one to buy that he bought them both!!  He was pretty excited about them.  Looks like Brooks is too.


And this was my favorite buy of the day!


A winter coat for Brooks for this year.  It looks almost brand new!!!


The fleece lining also zips out so it's like 2 coats in 1.  The fleece looks more worn, but the outer shell seriously looks brand new!  No dirt, rips or tears.  It's great!  And for only $3!!  I bought all the clothes and the jacket for $10.  I LOVE garage sales.

Plus I bought a bike for me.  We have one in the garage, but now with two we can go on a family bike ride.  It's not fancy but for $15 you can't go wrong.  A friend of mine is also giving us her little bike cart so Brooks can ride along too!  He absolutely loves being outside, so I'm excited to take it out for a spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment