Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

settled

well between unpacking boxes, finding my clothes and turning a house into a home, I really haven't had much time to write about it.  But the boys are occupied with their new "library" toys and and I have a few free moments to myself.

I'm happy to say that my panic has lessened and my moving anxieties have calmed.  This place really is starting to feel like home.  We drove to the twin cities this weekend for a friend's wedding and for the first time in all of our travels this summer, I was anxious to go home.  Perhaps it's because I absolutely abhor city traffic ... but perhaps it's because Sioux Falls isn't simply a place where we live.  This is home.

Through all of our recent transitions I'm learning, more than anything else, to be content.  It's easy to think life would be better somewhere else.  The grass is always greener in your neighbor's yard, right?  But then I look in my yard and find this! 


A tree!  And proof that God cares about the little things in our lives.  The one thing I've missed the most about Minnesota and Wisconsin are the trees.  South Dakota is flat.  Flat flat flat.  Few trees.  No water.  And did I mention that it's flat?  But we moved to this cute litte house in the center part of town, in an established neighborhood with mature trees.  And every morning I look out our window and find this wonderful reminder of my most favorite season ... fall!  And I remember that life is good.  Life was good without my tree mind you, but it's better now.  I'm thankful for my family.  I'm thankful for my house.  And I'm thankful for my tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment