Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

My little socialite

In the past few days we've entertained not one, but two of Brooks' friends.  First Ollie came over.  His mom informed me that they hadn't been on a grown-up date since December.  Um, what????  Really!?  That's not ok!!  So Friday she brought her little man over and she and her hubby enjoyed a nice child-free dinner.  Hooray!

Poor Olls wasn't quite sure what to think.  It took him about 1/2 hour to realize that mom and dad had actually left.  And then he was sad.  But what trooper, he only cried for a minute or two then went right back to playing!


He and Brooks got along pretty well.


This was the one time Brooks shared his toys.


I'm pretty sure the rest of the time he was ripping toys out of Ollie's hands.  (sigh) I guess that's expected of a one year old, right?  Then Brooks decided Ollie needed a hat.

Goofy kids.


Then today Brooks' friend Matthew came over.  His mama went to see our friend Bethany and her tiny new baby in the hospital.




The balls seemed to be a big hit!  And look at that fishy face! hehe.


Check out that free-throw form.


"Ok Matthew, here's how it's done.  Bend at the elbows, then flick with the wrist."

Ok ok, he was actually winding up to throw it at his head, but it looks good right?  (I stopped him, by the way)

Cute!!


So we're all learning together what it means to play with friends.  No, you can't throw the ball at Matthew's head.  No, you can't take the toys away from Ollie.  And yes, I know you don't understand any of that.  But I'm happy my kiddo has the opportunity to play with other kids his age.  Soon he will learn how to get along.  But for now, I'll continue to play referee.

No comments:

Post a Comment