Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

5:30

5:30 is the magical time of day.  Our favorite time of the day.  The time of day we look forward to most.  Why, you may ask? 

It's the time when Daddy comes home from work. 

When my little boy (the bigger little boy) goes running through the house yelling "DADDY'S HOME!"  When he shows off his latest creation, rambles on about what he did that day and then ventures to climb "daddy mountain" .... all before Daddy even has his coat off. 

It's the time when Carter busts out the really big smiles.  You know, the ones only Daddy seems to get.  And on really good days, he'll even burst into laughs and giggles when he walks through door.  This kid totally knows his Daddy.  And loves him!

It's the time when I can kiss my love after being apart all day (ew, mushy, right?)  When I can breathe a sigh of relief because I am no longer outnumbered by little people. 

It's the time when we're all together as a family.  And I love it.  I love that Chris has an 8-5 job that allows him to be home each evening.  I love that when he comes home, the first thing he does is play with the boys (after our kiss, of course :)  We play, we eat, we read books.

So 5:30 is my favorite time of day.  And to be honest, I'm pretty sure it's Chris' too!

No comments:

Post a Comment