Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Potty Training Diaries: Day 4

2:00pm
The morning went great.  No accidents!  We even ... wait for it .... left the house!  In underwear!  And Brooks did great.  I didn't remind him to inform me if he needed to pee for fear that's all he would think about (Chris and I had a meeting, so I really just needed Brooks to sit quietly and play for an hour and not get bored and ask to pee every 5 minutes.  A mother can dream, right?)  We made it all the way home and peed on the potty.  I didn't want to attempt peeing outside the house yet.  I'm not sure how he would do sitting on a "big" potty.  I suppose we should try it at home first, but I'm nervous.  Several months ago in a small attempt to potty train, Brooks said he needed to pee while we were out shopping.  So I took him to the bathroom and help him on the toilet.  That totally freaked him out and he abandoned potty training.  I don't want that to happen again.  I'd appreciate suggestions on public peeing.  (and yes, I do realize how ridiculous that sounds.  I'm holding on to hope that someday I won't have to handle other people's bodily functions all day)

4:00pm
Brooks peed right before nap and when I got him up he was totally DRY!  The bed, the floor, his underwear!  I seriously felt like dancing.  And, maybe I did just a little :)  He sat on the potty and peed quite a bit.  I'm so proud of my big boy!!

We did have one accident during snacktime but it had nothing to do with potty.  Brooks spilled his milk all over his shirt and pants.  I guess we just can't go a day without a change of clothes, can we?

9:00pm
This whole day has been accident free!!  Woohooo!!  I'm so proud of Brooks.  Most times I've been telling him when to go potty, but a few times he's told me he has to go.  I think tomorrow I'll let him initiate going potty more.  I went out this evening to our monthly LaLeche League meeting, so Chris was in charge.  He said Brooks did great and went poop again on the potty!  I don't think I'm ready to declare this potty thing "mastered" yet, but boy today was encouraging.  Hoping for more of the same tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment