Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

But I Just Wanted a Mustache!

So yesterday afternoon while I'm cleaning up dishes, Brooks comes out of the bathroom looking like this and says "Look Mama.  I have a mustache!"
Not gonna lie.  I was speechless.  I was so torn between yelling at him for smearing whatever that black stuff was on his face and applauding his initiative and creativity that I did nothing ... at least for a minute.  Finally I asked "What's on your face?"

To which he replied "A mustache!"

Yes, I see that.  What is the black stuff on your face?

A mustache!

(sigh)  Ok.  But where did the black stuff come from?

The garbage.

Then I became a bit worried.  Until I remembered that I had thrown away an old mascara that morning.  Apparently he found it in the garbage, opened it and proceeded to apply his mustache.  And when I asked why he put the black on his face he said ...

"But I just wanted a mustache."

Guess I can't argue with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment