Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Healthy Again

Oh. my. word. this last sickness that went through our house was ugly.  When we've had a tummy bug in the past, it'd lasted 24 hours, tops, and then it's done.  And it usually only hits one member of the family.  This one started with Carter, then made its rounds to Brooks and Chris.  (I, fortunately, never had the full fledged puking ... just an unsettled tummy for a day.)  It started last Tuesday and it wasn't until Monday (seven days later) that everyone was starting to feel normal again.  The puking usually lasted less than 24 hours, but then came icky diapers and um, other toileting issues, extreme fatigue (as in, my 3 year old who no longer takes naps, taking 3 naps in one day) and achy-ness.  No fun.

I do believe that everyone is on the mend, but we're playing it safe and staying pretty quarantined for the rest of the week.  If this illness was what I think it was (Rotovirus) then you should consider your kids contagious for 10-12 days from the onset of diarrhea.  So no playgroups.  No Wednesday night church.  No library.  Nothing.  We're bored.  We're going stir crazy.  But we're healthy ... and being proactive in keeping others healthy too.  Because based on what over half of my friend on Facebook are saying, this nasty ugly sickness is going around.

So what's my reward for cleaning up puke and poop for nearly a week?  Well, just the satisfaction of being able to care for my family and nursing everyone back to health.

Oh, and this pie.  This delicious, made-from-scratch pie from the Cookie Jar (::drool::), bought by my generous and very appreciative husband.
I guess this does make the 12 extra loads of laundry I did seem not so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment