Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Saturday Adventure: Pumpkins!

This last weekend, we drove out to Valley Spring, SD (or is it in Iowa?  I don't know) to a farm called Garden of Weeden'.  I had heard about it from  few friends and since we didn't have any pumpkins (and didn't have anything to do) we made the 20 minute drive to the farm.  It was really a low key place - but they had a bunch of pumpkins and a ton of produce!

Carter kept calling the pumpkins "ball ball".  I guess it's close enough :) 
Then inside the produce barn they had a ton of little gourds.  I mean, a ton!!

Each of the boys picked out a few little pumpkins and I grabbed about 25lbs of acorn and butternut squash.  Our whole family loves squash, so I'll put a bunch in the freezer for the winter.

Then on Sunday we let he boys paint their pumpkins.  We thought about carving them, but let's be honest, it's a whole lotta work for us and not that much involvement for them.  So, painting it was.  Yes, Carter tried to eat the paint.  Yes, Brooks eventually covered most of his pumpkin in black paint (despite my urging him to use "bright" colors) and yes, we had a great time!

check out the tongue!



The end result?
Carter's on the left.  Brooks' on the right.
our mini pumpkin creations

No comments:

Post a Comment