Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

35 Weeks


I can't believe how fast this last week went. I'd really be okay if the next 5 weeks went as quickly. I had so much to do with work and baby stuff that before I knew it, it was Friday. The bummer part was that I hardly saw Chris all week, so Friday night we went out on a date to catch up. (Gotta enjoy those while we can.) Then Saturday we slept in until 9:30am (unheard of in our home) and did pretty much nothing all day long. It was spectacular.

The baby is growing, growing, growing. He's still sitting really high in my ribs, but is big enough now to reach both ends of my tummy, so I feel all his little wiggles and movements. And I often find myself out of breath for no good reason. (I mean, other than the fact that there's a baby in my lungs) Chris and I made a quick trip into the grocery store the other day, and after 10 minutes of walking I was ready to take a nap! I feel like I'm reverting back to the first trimester, hungry and tired all the time. But in a few short weeks, our little guy will be here. I don't know if I'll have much more energy, but at least he won't be kicking me in the ribs all day :o)

Yesterday was Mother's Day. I, of course called my mom and sent flowers, but wasn't sure if I should really celebrate it as a mom myself. People told me I should, but I didn't quite feel like I had earned it yet. So I didn't make any plans for the day. But when we came home after church, I was surprised with a beautiful bouquet of flowers sitting on the counter with a note that said "Happy Mothers Day! Love Chris and baby." It melted my heart. Chris and I noted the other day how amazing it is to love another person whom you've never met. I have so much love for this little boy and I have no idea what he looks or sounds like. I can't wait for him to be part of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment