Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

36 Weeks


So I've noticed quite a few changes as I'm nearing the end of this pregnancy, not only physically but also socially. For one, I'm not able to do all the fun things I used to be able to do (ie. go karts, ultimate Frisbee, etc) but I also notice complete strangers staring at me more often. It's like they've never seen a pregnant woman before. I kind of have that "monkey at the zoo" feeling sometimes. "Look honey, there goes a pregnant lady! Let's watch her and see what she does next. Maybe she'll go into labor." And I really enjoy the comments such as "You sure are getting big" or "Wow. You look twice as big as the last time I saw you." I know folks are well meaning, so I try not to take the fat comments personally. But it's not that fun being constantly reminded of my increasing size. On a positive note however, at church the other day a lady was walking by and said with all sincerity, "You look really beautiful". I hugged her!

Chris and I are making final preparations for the baby. We spent most of the day yesterday shampooing our carpets. And boy am I glad we did after seeing how dirty the water was afterward. Yuck. And today we received a crib from church; one that wasn't being used in the new nursery. Chris is spraypainting it to match the room. I'm excited to get it all set up with our new bedding and finish his room. I'll post pictures when it's done.

Chris has been a tremendous help these last few weeks as I'm running out of energy to do a lot of things. He's been grocery shopping with me, cooking more meals, doing the dishes. I really couldn't do this without him. He takes care of me so well and I know he will be an excellent daddy too. 4 more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment