Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

37 Weeks


It sure was nice to have a 3 day weekend. I guess it wasn't much different for me, since I normally have Monday's off. But it was really nice to have Chris around. We worked on projects around the house most of the weekend, mainly in the baby's room. Chris painted the crib and set it up. We also put the stroller & car seat together after sitting in a box for almost 2 weeks. All we have to do now is hang a few pictures and the room is complete! Yeah.

Last week was pretty busy with baby stuff. Monday we took a "Caring for your Newborn" class. Then Tuesday was the regular birthing class, and Thursday was the "Breastfeeding" class. Plus a midwife appointment in there too. This week should slow down a little bit. Just the birthing class and midwife appointment. I'm hoping all these classes will actually prepare us for our little guy. I'm sure there still will be quite a learning curve once he arrives.

I'm getting anxious for D-day. I know we still have 3 weeks to go, and since this baby is still sitting really high in my ribs, I'm not expecting him to come anytime soon. But I'm ready to meet our little guy. I'm ready to have my tummy back. And I'm really ready to wear a belt again. Why maternity pants must be so uncomfortable is beyond me. Perhaps it was just a bad day, but everything I put on yesterday either didn't fit or fell down while I walked. (sigh) 3 more weeks.

I'm still working hard to get things wrapped up at church too. And this week all the other pastors are gone on vacation, so I'm here to man the fort. Plus I get to play secretary all week long too. Not too many extra responsibilities with that, but I need to be really diligent to make sure everything gets done. It will be a good week and hopefully it will go fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment