Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

38 Weeks


As you can see, we no longer have a blank wall for me to stand against for the "bump" pictures. The baby's room is all but complete. Still need to hang those few pictures and we'll be done. I'm also hoping to get our bag packed for the hospital before the weekend ends. I still don't think this baby's coming any time soon, but just in case, I want to be prepared.

As you can probably see from the picture, the baby has not dropped at all yet. That's OK, I suppose. That means he's still really high in my ribs and with him getting bigger & stronger each day, it truly is a test of my ribs' strength. I'm not really sure where I am, dilation-wise, either. My midwife doesn't do routine internal exams and because the baby's so high, I haven't even asked her to check. That information doesn't really tell you much anyway at this point. Perhaps in a few weeks, we'll see how things are going. All that to say, baby's not coming any time soon.

The week playing secretary went well ... it went fast, which is good. I got everything done and besides a few little tasks to finish up, I think I'm ready to be gone for a few weeks. I feel a great weight off my shoulders knowing things will be taken care of. I don't want to have to worry about anything while I'm home with my special little man. I think learning to be a new mommy will be enough of a job for awhile.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so excited for you...getting so close! i agree totally that the midwife checking doesn't tell you anything. i had made no progress at my 40 wk appointment and went into labor that night :)
    you are going to be a great mom! it comes more naturally than you'd think.

    ReplyDelete