Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

12 Posts of Christmas {10} Christmas morning

I had plans to post this yesterday, but we spent the whole day doing ... wait for it .... pretty much nothing.  Ok, I did a few loads of laundry and washed diapers but our day also included rocking a baby, reading a book, playing outside, watching movies, playing cribbage and so on.  What a blessing to have Chris home for one more day.  We had a fantastic weekend!

Anyway, as I mentioned earlier this was our first Christmas at home.  And I have to say, we really enjoyed it.  It was relaxing, refreshing and we had so much fun!  Here's how our day went.

We woke up and everybody climbed into our bed and read the Christmas story from Brooks' Bible.  Then we headed downstairs and upon seeing the Christmas tree Brooks exclaimed "There's presents under my tree!"  It was cute.  We sat down and enjoyed some delicious apple walnut cinnamon rolls.  Yeah.  They were as amazing as they sound.

Then we opened gifts.  There wasn't a huge amount of gifts but we had so much fun opening them.  The best quote of the morning was when Brooks opened his new sled.  He shouted, "Wow!  A boat!!"  When we asked what he was going to do with his boat he said "I go sledding in my new boat."  What a great idea.


We enjoyed opening gifts but I'm glad our day wasn't solely focused on them.  We read the Christmas story from Brooks' Bible, baked Jesus a birthday cake and them sang happy birthday to him after dinner.  And when someone mentions Santa Clause to my son, he has no idea who they're talking about.  I suppose I'm not anti-Santa, I just prefer to keep the proper focus on the holiday.

We rounded out the morning by playing games and eating second breakfast.  Chris cooked up some scrambled eggs and homemade hashbrowns.  Mmm, delicious.  Then it was naps for everyone and we spent the evening with our dear friends the Gale's.  What a fantastic Christmas.

(Oh, and the Packers beat the Bears.  Merry Christmas to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment