Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

12 Posts of Christmas {6} Home for Christmas

Lots of folks travel for Christmas and in years past we've done it too.  Packing up the presents, the kiddos and half the house to drive and see family.  And it's been good.  I loved waking up in my old bedroom on Christmas morning or celebrating new traditions with Chris' family.  And in fact, I would have been sad if we couldn't have gone to see our parents.  But this year?  This year we chose to stay home.  And it's good too.   

We're now a family of four and I'm really excited to start new traditions with my kids.  To wake up in our own house on Christmas morning, in our own beds and open presents by our own tree.  Chris and I have had fun talking about the things we want to do (and have already done) this year.  What "traditions" will we begin?

Will I be sad to not be with extended family this Christmas?  Yeah, a little.  And in the future we may travel to see Papa and Grandma again.  But this year we'll be home for Christmas.  Our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment