Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

12 Posts of Christmas {2} Cut-out cookies

For the first time in many years, I decided to make cut-out cookies.  Mainly because I have a two year old "helper" who I thought would have a blast decorating (and of course eating) cookies and because this is one of those fun Christmas traditions I want to do with my family.  So last week after lunch we made the dough, rolled it out and went to town.
And as we were making these, I realized why I haven't made cut-outs for so long.  They take for.ev.er to make.  Rolling, cutting, pulling away excess dough, scooping cookies onto sheet, ball up extra dough and repeat.  Over and over again.  And of course as I mentioned in my last post, with a toddler as your assistant, the project takes twice as long.  So we made one batch of cookies and then I declared it nap time so it wouldn't take us four hours to finish the rest of them. 

this one's for you Dad!

For some reason, they turned out kinda dry.  But I figure with enough frosting no one will know the difference!!

No comments:

Post a Comment