Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

12 Posts of Christmas {7} My Christmas present from my boys

Let me set up my day for you.  Last night my dear, darling baby decided he needed to eat every two hours. This isn't a normal habit of his, but apparently he needed the extra nourishment, extra snuggle time, extra whatever last night.  And then at 5:30am he was wide awake and ready to start the day.  I, however, was not.  So I put him in bed with me in hopes that he would fall back asleep.  He didn't.  But he was at least quiet so I was able to sleep a little.  But it certainly wasn't quality sleep as my non-sleeping 3 month old kept rolling his head into my chest and flailing his little hands and feet.  Sometimes he's terrible to sleep with!

Ok, so that's how I started my day.  Tired.  Really tired.  We somehow managed through the morning.  Carter was so tired, but he refused to nap.  I had a chiropractor appointment at 11 and while I was in the room waiting for the doc (with my children being watched by the lovely office staff) I was really tempted to lie down and take a nap.  Just 5 minutes.  But I didn't.  We made a quick stop at the grocery store afterwards and on the way home, Carter finally fell asleep.  Glorious.
We came home, had some lunch and put Brooks down for a nap.  So for the moment, there were two sleeping boys in my house.  But it had been about three hours since I last fed Carter so I knew he'd be waking up any moment to eat.  Still, I took advantage of the quiet and laid on the couch with a blanket and flipped on the TV.  Warm blanket, quiet house, tired mama ... yep, you guessed it.  I fell asleep.  And slept for over an hour!!  And it was amazing!
I felt kinda bad that Carter slept that whole time in his carseat, but I really really needed that sleep and I knew trying to move him would cause him to wake up.  That and I figured he'd be waking up to eat soon anyway.  But that kiddo slept for three hours!  That was the best Christmas gift he could have ever given me!!

Then tonight, as I'm still recovering from my sleepless night, Chris said he was taking both the boys out to see Christmas lights.  So as I type this, I'm sitting all alone in our house.  All. Alone.  Wow.  Now, off to my second nap of the day.  Merry Christmas to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment